So how do you let people know your site exists? There are many things that can be done to increase your site's Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Here are five easy things you can do to start making a difference:
- Make sure your site's pages are coded with appropriate keywords (the search terms someone might use to find your information or products). Don't flood each page with keywords that are not relevant to the content.
- Make sure each page on your site has a title containing keywords that tie to the content and to your brand. For example, instead of a page title of "About Us" try one such as " About Us | ABC Realty Company, Eugene Oregon". (Note: a page title is the content you see on the tab of your Internet browser). If you must include your company name, make sure it comes last.
- Create and post content on other sites that point people back to your site for more information. For example, write a blog post and supply a link to the rest of the article that resides on your website.
- Increase the number of links that point to your site. If you belong to a Chamber of Commerce and they have an online directory, that listing for your business is an example of an inbound link. Other inbound links can come from your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles, or other social media sites, business directories, clubs, etc.
- Fresh content can help improve your rankings. Add new, useful content to your pages on a regular basis. Content freshness adds relevancy to your site in the eyes of the search engines.
If all of this seems like too much, send us a note. We're here to help.
The Ruby Porter Team